Resources - Airport Security Office
|Back to Resources|
Dallas Love Field Airport Security OfficeLocated on the 1st floor of 7710 Aviation Place, Suite 16
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 7:30am – 12:00pm & 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Friday: 7:30am – 12:00pm & 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Closed on all City of Dallas observed holidays
Fingerprinting and Computer Based Training conducted by appointment only.
Appointments should be scheduled using the following Online Scheduler:
Dallas Love Field Scheduler
Please refer all Scheduler questions to the Dallas Love Field Badge Office. Information listed below.
Phone: (214) 670-6155
Fax: (214) 670-6404
After-hours emergency: (214) 670-6156
8008 Herb Kelleher Way, LB 16
Dallas, Texas 75235
Vehicle Cap Request Form
Airport-Issued Identification Media Application v2 Effective February 1, 2014
Access Supplemental Form
Signatory Authorization Application
Airfield Access Vehicle Permit Application
The Badging ProcessIn accordance with federal regulations, Dallas Love Field airport-issued identification media are necessary for unescorted access into any airport security area. Identification media are only issued to individuals having a valid need to access sensitive airport areas as designated by an authorized signatory. Before issuing the airport ID, information is collected from the applicant to be kept on file and used for background checks including a security threat assessment conducted by the TSA. Certain levels of access also require fingerprint-based criminal history record checks that are submitted to the FBI seeking only for specific disqualifying crimes. Appropriate security awareness training is also a pre-requisite for obtaining an airport-issued badge.
Airport-issued identification media is a critical layer to airport security. Individuals can be quickly identified as having proper authorization to be present in a particular area by his or her badge. For this reason, your badge must always be displayed, waist-level or above, on your outermost garment while inside any airport security area.
|Personal Verification Card (PVC)||$5.00|
|Criminal History Records Check (CHRC)||$55.00|
|Security Threat Assessment (STA) at initial and reissue||$10.00|
Lost or unaccountable badge:
|Secured, SIDA, Sterile, or AOA badge||$100.00 plus new issuance fees|
|Terminal||$25.00 plus new issuance fees|
Forms of payment accepted: Cash, check made out to "City of Dallas", Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express
FAQs1. What identification documents are required when applying an airport-issued badge?
- The same documents as listed on the most current List of Acceptable Documents of the Form I-9, found at www.uscis.gov/i-9. Your current airport-issued badge does not count as an acceptable document for our purposes.
In addition to above, U.S. citizens who were born abroad must provide one of the following:
- U.S. Passport or Passport Card,
- Certificate of Naturalization (N-550 or N-570),
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship (N-560 or N-561),
- Certification of Report of Birth (DS-1350),
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240), or
- Certification of Birth Abroad (FS-545)
All identification documents presented may not expired or altered in any way and must be original, no photocopies.
- You must complete an application indicating "name change" as the reason for reissue. If not all approved identification documents provided to Badging staff have the new name, an original or certified copy of the marriage certificate or court documents indicating the legal name change will also be required.
- No. The badge expires at midnight on the morning of the date printed. Bring your completed application for reissue with the appropriate identification documents to the Airport Security Office up to 30 days BEFORE your current badge expires.
- Immediately notify the Airport Security Office at (214) 670-6155 or, after hours, the Airport Operations Coordination Center at (214) 670-6156 and also your supervisor. For the new issuance of the identification media, you must provide a letter on company letterhead briefly describing the situation along with a completed application. Fee for an unaccountable Secured/SIDA/Sterile/AOA badge is $100.00 or $25.00 for Terminal badge plus new issuance fees.
- Yes. Only the lost fee is refunded to the original payer with the original receipt, if the returned badge has not expired. Fees associated with the issuance of the new badge are not refundable.
- The badge is property of the City of Dallas Department of Aviation and, as such, must be returned to your previous employer who will return it to the airport. This is also true if you remain at Dallas Love Field but have changed employers.